A new beginning in the economic miracle
The MPA, merged with the former Chemisch-Technische Reichsanstalt in August 1945, becomes the Federal Institute for Materials Testing (BAM) in 1954 and has been a departmental research institution of the Ministry of Economics ever since.
Guests at BAM: Ludwig Erhard and, in 1957, Federal President Theodor Heuss.
BAM’s Mission: economic development
BAM carries out tests for German companies, advises Federal ministries and participates in national and international organisations on norms and safety standards. It is represented at industry trade fairs, such as here in Berlin in 1968.